18.6.09

Summer vacation

Well so far, it's been a crazy summer for us! It started out with a week long dance camp for Kenadee. Who knew they started doing "camps" for kids as young as 3?? But she loved every minute of it, and it was a nice break for me to send her there! *wink*



At the end of the week, they had a recital of the dances they had learned during the camp. It was really cute!



After the recital, we loaded up and headed out on vacation. We drove to Vegas that night and saw the "dancing water" and the volcano. The kids LOVED it! I just wish I didn't have to spend so much time trying to keep Jaxon distracted so he wouldn't see all of the dirty fliers laying on the ground, or the billboards with 1/2 naked ladies everywhere. It's crazy how much more aware I am of that crap now that I have my own kids I want to protect!
We stayed there that night, and then on Saturday we drove down to California to see my nephew Mannie get baptized. The spirit was so strong at his baptism, and I'm so glad we were able to be there. It was a good experience for the kids to have - it made Jaxon so excited to turn 8!
On Sunday, we drove on down to L.A. and went to the beach that evening. The kids had tons of fun, but it was a little too cold for me! Callie and I just stayed on the beach and I let Rob take the other two into the water. We brought home TONS of seashells!
On Monday we went to Knotts Berry farm. It was us, Derricks family, Summers family, and my parents. I wasn't sure what to expect, and had prepared myself for some serious white-trashiness, but it was actually a blast! The lines weren't long at all, and the kids LOVED all of the rides. There were even some pretty good rides for the big people to go on. If anyone is looking for a fairly cheap, but fun amusement park, I would definitely recommend Knotts Berry!



Kenadee, Colin, Jaxon and Mason






Rob and Kena



Kenadee and I...this ride made me a little sick, but she loved it!



After Knotts Berry, we made the 4 hour drive back to Primm where we stayed another night. That was the longest 4 hour drive EVER! Kenadee slept until Barstow, and then woke up moaning. I took her into a bathroom and she had diareah...it was awful! We had to stop at every rest stop and gas station we could find from there to Primm. About 1/2 an hour before we got there, she was really moaning and crying that her belly hurt, and then she threw up. Thankfully she caught it in her shirt, and held it there until we could stop. We pulled over and stripped her down and got her cleaned up and then Rob floored it to Primm. We couldn't have gotten there any faster! And that night was the longest night I have had in a long time! I won't go into details, but just know that I earned the shopping trip that I had on Tuesday!
Rob took all three kids home on Tuesday morning, and I stayed in Vegas with my mom and sister and shopped all day. It was great! I almost felt guilty not having any kids with me...almost...

4 comments:

Heather B said...

I remember liking Knotts Berry Farm better than Disneyland when I was a kid. Looks like a fun trip. Although sorry to hear about the long drive and long night. No fun. Definitely earned your shopping trip.

Goddard Family said...

What a fun trip....besides Kenadee getting sick, so sorry! Miss you guys.

Binny said...

Fun. I love taking kids on trips, it is so fun to see them having fun. Sorry about Kenadee gettingsick, that stinks. We are excited to see you guys next week.

Jocee said...

We just went to Knotts Berry farm in February. Brejden enjoyed it too! Sounds like an exciting trip... glad I wasn't the one taking care of it, for once. I talked to Stephanie and she said the girls had such a fun time at the dance class.