6.12.09

Yay!

We had our ultra sound on Friday night, and it's a BOY! I was really hoping for a boy, and so was Jaxon. But Rob and Kenadee just knew it was going to be a girl. When we saw the picture, there was no question that it was a boy. Jaxon couldn't stop smiling, but Kenadee started to cry. She stood up against the wall and covered her eyes with her hands and just sobbed. She is such a drama queen!
Everything with the baby was healthy, except that the ultra sound showed a "distended stomach". So I am a little worried. I'm going to call my doctor tomorrow and see if that is something I should be concerned about. (We went up to Provo for the u.s. because our health insurance has no maternity coverage and my brother's brother-in-law is an ultra-sound tech. So he did the u.s. for free. He was unsure if it was a cause for concern, and just said to talk to the doc and make sure.) Does anyone know if that could be anything serious???

7 comments:

Goddard Family said...

Yay...congrats! We are so happy for you guys. miss you!

Mike and Tycie said...

Oh boy, keep us posted what your doctor says...

Im so excited for you!!! 2 boys and 2 girls - THATS PERFECT!!! Mike is so sure we are having a girl and my oldest daughter is so sure its a boy - I am alittle unsure... We find out on the 23rd... Its just not coming fast enough!! lol

Congrats to your family though!

Elder Esplin said...

We are so excited Holls! One thing I do HATE about ultrasounds is the unknown. You must be freaking out inside! I totally know how you are feeling right now. Please keep us updated. We are thinking about you and baby. Did I mention we are so excited to have another little Jaxon?...so cute!

Elder Esplin said...

I just remembered when I had my ultrasound with Mannie they were concerned with his stomach. It "the fluid didn't look right" according to the doctor. I went back for another ultrasound and they said it was fine. I don't know if that helps. Like I said I hate how it's just so unknown until they finally come.

Esplin 5 said...

Yay, is for sure!!! We are so excited for you guys!

HeatherStout said...

Congratulations! I don't know anything about distended stomache, but hopefully everything is fine. I think it's hilarious that Kenadee got so upset:)

Jen (momofmandm) said...

That is so exciting for you!! Two and two just like me. My little guy had a cyst on his brain stem when they checked him the first time. It had gone away the next time they checked him but it was a little bit nerve wracking. I have to say that it made us a little nervous. Sometimes I think that the high tech equipment that they have now can sometimes give you too much information. When you talk to the doctor then you will know what to do, but you just have to have faith that it will all work out. We love you guys! Let me know what you find out.