12.4.10

BLAKE LARRY RICHEY



Our precious baby is here! It was a little unexpected, and scary, but we are both okay. I went into the doctor in Friday morning because my umbilical hernia had come out again. I've had problems from it before, but nothing like this. It hurt SO bad and neither I, nor the doctor could get it to go back in. I was getting a head ache, so the doctor was worried that maybe a little bowel might be caught in the hernia. He called in a specialist, and between the two of them, they decided to induce me and then fix the hernia after the baby was born. So I was sent over to the hospital.
I got my epidural at 1:30 and was waiting for the doctor to come and break my water. At 3:00, the nurse came in and checked me and said that I was only dilated to a 3. Right after she walked out, I told Rob that I felt like I had peed my pants...which was impossible because I had a catheter in. Rob told me that my water had probably broken. He came over to look, and he went pale. He called the nurse and told her that I was bleeding really bad. Two nurses rushed in and checked me out and immediately called my doctor. He was in surgery, so another doctor came right over. He basically said that I didn't really have any other option but to have a c-section immediately. He said that if I didn't, I would lose too much blood, and that the baby would lose oxygen. So they rushed me into surgery, and baby Blake was born at 3:17 on 4/09/2010.



He is perfect. He weighed 6lb 13oz, and was 19in long. He is my smallest baby yet. He looks a lot like Jaxon did as a baby with the dark hair and skin. And he has the tiniest little cry that I just love!



It's so amazing how much you can love these little babies right when you first hold them. He is so snugly and is such a good baby...I know he is only 3 days old, I just hope it lasts!



The hardest part is that the 3 kids at home don't want to leave Blake alone. They ALL want to hold him, ALL the time! Poor Blake doesn't get a minute alone. I just hope this novelty wears off soon!





22 comments:

Elder Esplin said...

Oh MAN! I got the pictures Rob sent me and I teared up. He is beautiful! I didn't even need to hold him to fall in love!=) I can see why those kids can't put him down! By the way, the boys still fight over who gets to carry around Soph. I think there's something special about that 4th kid thing;) I hope you guys are doing good. I can't wait to hold baby Blake. Give him lots of kisses for me. Love you guys!

Heather B said...

How scary Holly! I'm so glad you and Blake are okay! He is absolutely beautiful. So what happened to cause the bleeding? I need more details! I hope your recovery goes ok. C-sections are hard afterwards. Good luck. We'll say a little prayer for you.

BRIT said...

Congrats! I'm so happy everything turned out ok! That is so scary! He is so cute!

Nate and Sum said...

I know you are not going to believe me, but you look really pretty in your hospital picture. I am glad that you are home and safe. Hopefully tomorrow Blake will get a little alone time. All your kids look so proud. How is Callie doing?

Tiffany said...

Oh my...Holly!! He is so cute, and tiny! Sorry you had such a scary experience, I would have freaked out. Glad you're both doing ok. I'll call you and have the kids come over to give you and Blake a little break!

Sandy said...

Oh my gosh, how scary! I'm so glad everything went okay though and you are both doing good! He is so sweet and I can tell your kids just love him SO much! Hopefully he will stay snugly too, gotta love that! :) Congratulations!

Kade and Kaylee said...

So I was thinking the same thing Summer wrote!! Seriously Holly, you look SO PRETTY in that picture right after you had him! I'm so glad everything turned out ok!! I can't wait to come visit and see him!

Esplin 5 said...

I totally agree with Summer the picture of you holding him in the hospital is so precious and you do look really pretty. He is so darling! Congrats!!!

HeatherStout said...

Seriously you do look awesome after just giving birth! I hope you have a smooth recovery, c-sections aren't the greatest, but I promise every day is a whole lot better than the day before. Congrats, and he is beautiful!

Krystal Trapnell said...

Wow! So glad you guys are alright. Congrats on the sweet boy, he looks perfect! Hope you're healing okay and that all your "helpers" actually help you out a little!

Brittany said...

Congratulations! He is so handsome! We are so glad you both are doing well. Hopefully we will get down there soon to see him!

Jen (momofmandm) said...

He is so darling. I am so glad that everything is ok. Man that is scary that you started bleeding and that they had to do a C section. How are you feeling and recovering from that? I hope you are doing well. He looks just like a member of the family. You do good work!!

Lisa said...

Congratulations Holly! Enjoy that baby!

Jocee said...

He is so cute! I'm glad everything went okay for you. How scary for you though! I wish I was there to help you out with your kids. Dang moving... Please let know know if you need anything. I'm so glad that you're okay and so is baby Blake. Congrats again!

Brooke said...

Holy cow Holly. I am glad everything worked out. I have the same thing that damn umbilical hernia. Now I am totally freaking out. Hope you are recovering well. xoxo

Goddard Family said...

So scary...so glad that you and baby Blake are okay! He is beautiful as is him mother! Miss you! Congrats!

Sheri Johnson said...

I can't believe how fast everything happened! That is so scary. I'm glad you are doing well and little Blake is also doing well. What a relief. He is just gorgeous.

Grammie & Pa Pa said...

Congratulations!! We are glad everything turned out good. Take it easy and take time to recover. He is just as cute as your other children.

Kylene said...

OH my gosh!!!! So glad you & baby are ok! He is so precious, too! Congratulations! You 2 make adorable kids, btw. :)

mommy princess said...

So glad you're both ok. Blake is such a handsome little boy. All your kids are so cute. My kids were the same way with Layla. Luckily she's very patient. The Dutton family wishes you all the very best! P.S. We need to hang out!

Delene said...

Congrats to the RICHEY Family!!
What a special blessing, glad you was already in the hospital!!!

Love ya

Mike and Tycie said...

Wow! I am sooo glad you and Blake are okay!!! Was this your first c-section? Im glad the nurses and doctors acted so quickly with you and everything turned out okay!!! I love looking at all the new pictures!!