12.9.08

Good thing I love her!




So last night, I told Jax and Kena to go get their toothbrushes ready so I could brush their teeth. I then went and put Callie to bed. When I went back to check on them, Kena was just playing in the water. So I asked her again to get her toothbrush, and she looked at me with total seriousness and said "pooh pooh". So I swatted her bum and said "don't call mama pooh pooh." She then looked at me, straight faced as ever, and stuck her tongue out at me. By this time, Jaxon was laughing hysterically, which was totally egging her on. And it completely caught me off guard, because she isn't usually so defiant. . . so I smacked her little mouth. She continued to look at me without a hint of regret, and whispered "baby". I was dying! I wanted to laugh, but at the same time, I couldn't believe she had just done that. What am I going to do with her? She is only two and she is already getting such an attitude! Good thing I love her!

9 comments:

A said...

Wow~She sounds like..............not you! :) She must get that from Rob right? :)

Jen (momofmandm) said...

Isn't it funny to see your kids take after their dad? What a Rob thing she did. You are way too sweet for her to get that from you. What a little terd. I love it!

HeatherStout said...

The hardest thing in the world is to keep a straight face during those times. She doesn't seem to care about getting in trouble, that can't be good!

Kade and Kaylee said...

Kade and I were laughing so hard at Kena's smack talk! She is so funny! I loved the previous blog about the pet mouse too! That is hilarious that she thinks it is a mouse!

Goddard Family said...

ohhh...it only gets better!!!

ROB AND HOLLY said...

That's what I'm afraid of!!

Kylene said...

Ha ha! I'm just getting to that stage w/Jaakson...sometimes it's like, what do you do? I always thought I'd know how to react!

mommy princess said...

Don't you love it when they figure out they have minds of their own? Todd is on this kick right now where if I spank him or put him in time out he yells this wierd word
JUNNGEEE at the top of his lungs. Don't ask I have no idea what the heck it means. It's a good thing I love him because had I not his JUNNGEEE butt would have gone straight to the orphanage!! lol

Jocee said...

I love it! I only laugh because it's not my child! Good luck with the kids!