13.1.09

Happy Birthday Rob!

Rob turned 30 yesterday! I can't believe it . . . 30!
I threw him a surprise party on Saturday, and I totally got him. He almost ruined everything, but thanks to Leann and her amazing stalling skills, I pulled it off.
This was the ploy:
Rob left the house at around 2:30 and took 2/3 of the kids so I could "have a break". My mother-in-law (Leann) then called him to come over and help her get her new cell phone working. And as a thanks for fixing her phone, she offered to babysit the kids so we could go to dinner. Leann did an awesome job of stalling (including "getting lost" at Ben Franklin, and dragging him to Roberts Crafts to look for a certain something that she supposedly"needed"). But at 5:45, Leann called me and said he was on his way home - PROBLEM - no one was coming until 6:00 and he wasn't supposed to be home until 6:15. So I hurried and called everyone and asked them to get to our house NOW! So everyone rushed over, and just after everyone got here, Rob called and said his mom had made him stop and get the kids dinner at McDonalds and go in to eat. He was not happy!
When he finallywalked in the door, he was totally shocked! And the party turned out to be so much fun! I was stressed out all week trying to throw this together, but it was totally worth it! I'm just bummed I didn't get a picture of his face . . . I did, however, get some video of it, and if I can figure it out, I will post that.
Happy Birthday Rob! You are an amazing husband and father, and we appreciate all you do for us. We love you!!

5 comments:

Delene said...

What a fun Birthday party. Glad it all came together. Tell your Mom she needs to update her blog..lol

Kade and Kaylee said...

That's so fun! I love doing surprise parties! Tell him happy birthday from us!

Elder Esplin said...

30 isn't that old is it? I hope not! HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROB!

Brooke said...

Happy happy birthday to my favorite cousin! HOpe you had a great day. xoxo

Binny said...

Happy Birthday Rob! That is great Holly that you were able to surprise him, 30 that is so old! Just kidding, Kevy and I both turn thirty this year. Crazy.