The spirit was so strong yesterday when they were being set apart, and hearing the priesthood blessings they were given made me realize that they need to go. They are going to bless the people in Africa so much, and I know they'll make a big difference in all that they do. Ya, it'll be hard to have them gone, but I know they'll be back, and I know they are where the Lord wants them.
I am so proud to call them my mom and dad! We're gonna miss you guys - we love you!
And now, on a little lighter note,
We are now the proud owners of a mini-van!! That's right . . . I am officially a "van-mom" . . . and I'm OK with that . . .
On Saturday, we bought a 2007 Honda Odyssey, and I LOVE it! Rob is having a hard time admitting that we own a VAN, he still calls it an SUV...sports utility van...
When we were married, we actually made a "van pact" saying that we would NEVER buy a mini-van. But here we are nearly nine years and 3 kids later with a van. I guess you never say never, right?
After my accident, I wanted a REALLY safe vehicle with LOTS of airbags. And this one has nearly every safety feature you could imagine, plus more.
Before long, I KNOW I'll have Rob admitting that he likes it, too!
6 comments:
Sad to see them go. Hopefully time flies by and they'll be back with so many stories to tell!
Welcome to the minivan club. Really, as a mom, there's nothing more convenient. I became a member grudgingly, too, but they are the best!
I wish we could have been there for the setting apart. I wouldn't want to say bye again though! They look good. I'm glad they are blogging!
That's so funny! Linc SWORE he would never own a van in this life...now he drives one proudly!
Its crazy to have them gone huh? At least they will be back in 18 months. Daves parents are going to be gone for 23 months! Your new van is awesome! Looks like Kevy and Binny's "Bouncy Bob"!!
LOVE IT! You go and rock that "SUV!"
So parents were just here visiting and told us about your parents leaving to AFrica and that it is the same mission your Dad served in...So Cool!!! It will definitely different for you not having them around, I'm just grateful you felt the spirit so strong cause it will make it that much easier! Your baby is soo big already! It really isn't fair that our kids grow up soo fast!
Congrats on the Mini Van...we've been on the fence for awhile now and finally decided to get a HOnda Pilot! We love HOnda's no matter what! I haven't read about your accident yet...i"m just glad you're okay!
love ya,
Jaycee
That is so awesome your parents are serving a mission. Kev and I want to some day! Or maybe living in Kansas is kind of a mission? Anyway, we are so glad you are all safe from your accident. Hope you are all healing and feeling better.
Post a Comment